Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dice Demo - Learning from the master!

Yesterday , on our work's network, I found a painting workshop video that Dice Tsutsumi (former Blue Sky color key artist and current Pixar art director) gave while he was here at Blue Sky!  That guy is so dang good.  Needless to say, the workshop was amazing, simply demonstrated, and so inspiring that I was excited to give it a go when I got home, as verbatim as I could.

I've been making my way through the Academy Awards' Best Picture noms, and the other night I watched the Fighter, which was great .  Here's my interpretation of Christian Bale's character Dicky Eklund.

Suuuuuper amateur status for sure, and it's nowhere in the ballpark as what he ended up with. But it was fun to learn how he does things.

If you're not already familiar with his work, do yourself a favor and check out his amazing paintings!

No comments:

Post a Comment