Sunday, February 28, 2010

Balance

Since we're all friends here, I figure we can take a seat on the curb and start to talk about more important matters.  

I've sacrificed a lot to come out here to New York, to live my dream of working on a feature film.  But before that I gave up a lot even chasing this goal.  I spent more of my time in front of the computer than spending time with my loved ones.  Nevertheless, I still had her support, my dreams were her dreams.  Time went on and this became an obsession.  I animated day and night, neglecting our time together.  I did this for years, and sure enough it began to take a toll on our relationship.  

By the time I finally got the call from Blue Sky, our relationship was severely damaged, beyond repair.  I relocated from Seattle to NY, and it was no longer strong enough to survive the long distance.  I've been spending the last few months trying to resuscitate it, but it was too late.  So now I sit here, having reached this goal, and I've lost the person who meant the most to me in the process.

If I can pull my head together, I guess the lesson I have to learn here is to balance my life.  That it isn't all about career, relationships with the people in your life are all that matter.